“To Love God, love people and to develop multiplying disciples to reach the nations.”
Salvation. We do whatever it takes to reach lost students.
Transformation. We labor to see students radically changed by Jesus from the inside out.
Multiplication. We make disciples, who make disciples, who make disciples....
- Love and Obedience to JESUS
- Creative MISSIONAL OUTREACH
- Personal DISCIPLE-MAKING
- Diligent Application of GOD’S WORD
- Authentic New Testament COMMUNITY
- Passionate PRAYER and WORSHIP
- Living in step with the HOLY SPIRIT
- WORLD VISION and Action
- Showing PRACTICAL LOVE Locally and Globally
- MULTIPLICATION for Maximum Impact
1. Love and Obedience to JESUS - We seek to model love and obedience to Jesus as the first priority in all we do. Jesus died for us and gives us eternal and abundant life! Why would we not give our all to Him? Students will be encouraged to shape their entire lives and daily decisions based on the Lordship of Christ. (Matt 22:36-38, Matt 16:24-26, Luke 6:46, Matt 6:33, John 14:21, John 15:5,)
2. Creative MISSIONAL OUTREACH - We are committed to doing whatever it takes to actively and compassionately share Jesus using creative and relational methods. We envision a culture where students see themselves as missionaries on campus and ultimately to the world. (Matt 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Acts 4:20, Act 20:24, Romans 1:16, Colossians 4:2-6, Luke 19:10. 2 Peter 3:9, 1 Cor 9:22)
3. Personal DISCIPLE-MAKING - We invest individually in students who come to faith in Christ and lead them to progressing transformation in character, vision and skills. We will train key students to become life long reproducing disciple-makers. We also will have small groups for the purpose of Bible study, prayer, sharing and accountability. (2 Tim 2:2, Heb 10:24-25, Acts 2, Proverbs 13:20, Acts 20:28,31-32; I Corinthians 4:16-18; 11:1;I Thessalonians 2:19-20; 3:8; Ezra 7:10; III John 4)
4. Diligent Application of GOD’S WORD - The Bible is our guide and standard for daily living. God’s word will constantly be devoured and applied to everyday life. We will focus on helping students becoming “self feeders” and “doers of the word.” (Joshua 1:8, Ezra 7:10, Psalm 1, Psalm 119, Mark 13:31, I Peter 1:23-25; Isaiah 40:8; Psalm 19:7-9, 2 Peter 2:2, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, James 1:22)
5. Authentic New Testament COMMUNITY - God calls his people to live authentically with one another. The early church is a great model for us to look at for authentic community. We will focus on five key relational heart attitudes. 1. Put the needs and interests of others above your own. 2. Live an open and honest life before others. 3. Clear up troubled relationships. 4. Give and recieve scriptural correction 5. Follow spiritual authority within scriptural limits. (Philippians 2:3-4, John 13:34-35, Ephesians 4:25, John 1:7, Hebrews 3:13, Matthew 5:23-24, Colossians 3:13, Hebrews 13:17)
6. Passionate PRAYER and WORSHIP - God delights for us to communicate with him through prayer and worship. Prayer will be planned into every facet of this ministry. Students will receive training and encouragement in their personal prayer lives, which will include various prayer events. (Matthew 7:7-11, 18:19, 21:22 & 26:44, Philippians 4:6-7, Col 4:2, I Thess 5:14, James 4:2b, Matt 7:7-8, Col 4:2-6)
7. Living in step with the HOLY SPIRIT - The Holy Spirit has been sent to lead us, empower us and fuel our obedience to Christ. We hope to model balanced spirit-filled living for students and encourage them to deepen their understanding and experience of the Holy Spirit. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is commanded in scripture and is essential for a fruitful Christian life and witness. (Eph 5:18, Acts 1:8, John 14:16-17, John 16:5-15, John 17:3 Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25)
8. WORLD VISION and Action - Billions of people around the world have little or no access to the gospel of Jesus Christ. We hope to encourage students to see God's heart for every people group on earth. We will encourage students to pray for the nations, give sacrificially and go on short-term missions projects. Many will also reach out to international students and mobilize others. We are asking God to raise up students who will go long term as missionaries to the ends of the earth. (Matt 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, John 3:16, Romans 10:13-16, 2 Peter 3:9)
9. Showing PRACTICAL LOVE Locally and Globally - Jesus came not to be served but to serve. We are commanded by Jesus to love our neighbor as ourselves. We hope to take this seriously by sacrificing our time, talents and treasure to help others in practical ways. We want to serve people in our city as well as addressing important global causes. (Mark 10:45, Matt 22:36-38, Matt 5:16, Titus, John 13:1-17; Luke 17; Galatians 5:13; Colossians 3:23-24; II Corinthians 4:5; Deuteronomy 15:12-18)
10. MULTIPLICATION for Maximum Impact - Multiplication is the strategy Jesus uses to reach the world. We hope to see multiplication happen at every level of our ministry. Our goal is to intentionally encourage students to become reproducing disciple-makers. We want the glory of Jesus to go viral on this campus, to other campuses in California and to the ends of the earth! (Mark 4:8, Matt 28:18-20, 2 Timothy 2:2, Joel 1:3; Psalm 78:5-6; Acts 18:1-3,11,18,19,24-28; I Thessalonians 1:5-10, III John 4)