College Ministry Resources
God has blessed us with the opportunity to put out some resources that other college ministry leaders are finding helpful. Here are some links to conference messages, resources and articles. Please contact Paul Worcester with any questions that you may have and feedback on the free version of the ebook, Tips for Starting a College Ministry. Follow Paul on Twitter for more book suggestions and other resources. You can also check out and subscribe to the blog and resource websites Campus Ministry Today & Collegiate Collective, both of which Paul is an editor and writer for.
Tips For Starting A College Ministry
"I believe this is the best information available on beginning or continuing a successful campus ministry. Devour this material, then do it and stand amazed at what God does."
- Max Barnett, Veteran BCM Director, Author and Seminary Professor, State Director of Christian Challenge in Colorado
"This is an invaluable guide, providing practical how-to’s for one of the most difficult tasks in ministry: starting from scratch."
- Rick James Cru Staff and Editor at CruPress.com Author of “A Million Ways to Die” and “Jesus Without Religion”
"I get asked all the time what I would do, if I were starting a college ministry. I have grown college ministries, but never started one. Here is good advice from someone who started a campus ministry with just two students. He has been there and done it.....and done it outside the Bible Belt. This e-book is worth your time!"
- Arliss Dickerson Veteran BCM Director, College Ministry Author and College Ministry Advocate
Do More With Less Time
"Time is your most valuable resource. As a college ministry leader, I have never felt like I’ve had enough of it. Seven years ago my wife and I started our ministry, Christian Challenge from scratch and by God’s grace we now have a growing team of staff and student leaders laboring on campus with us. Despite our growth, there has been a constant struggle to answer the question: “How can I use my time for what makes the greatest impact on campus?” This is certainly not a unique question, and it is one that has proven helpful to pursue an answer to."
- Excerpt From Do More With Less Time
What Are Gospel Appointments?
We partnered with some people to make this video that explains Gospel Appointments! It features several of our staff and students and describes some of the awesome benefits of using this Gospel-sharing tool.
Links To Other College Ministry Resources
- Decoding Your Campus
- The End Game of College Ministry = Multiplication
- Mobilizing Prayer for Your College Ministry
- Podcast: Personal Principles I Learned When Planting Our Ministry
- Article: "10 Simple Ways To Mobilize Students to Share Jesus"
- 5 Things For College Ministry Leaders To Do Over Winter Break
- Do's & Don'ts After an Epic College Ministry Trip
- Article: "3 Lies College Ministry Leaders Must Silence"
- Series of Articles: The "Personal Ministry Target" Evangelism Strategy
- Popular Blog Posts on "Gospel Appointments"
- How to Share Jesus Using Gospel Appointments
- Audio: How to Share Jesus Using Gospel Appointments Workshop
- "Gospel Lesson" for Gospel Appointments
- Reproducible Bible Study: 3 Habits For Everyday Evangelism
- Conference Message: "Principles for Sharing Jesus"
- Article: "Reach More People by Sowing Broadly"
- Audio: 3 Habits For Everyday Evangelism
- Podcast: Evangelism with Paul Worcester
- Webinar: Reaching Freshman During the First 3 Weeks
- How to Have an Effective "Fall Outreach"
- It's All About the Contacts!
How we obtain and manage contacts during outreach on campus.
- Podcast: "Campus Reaching Strategies"
- Podcast: "Harnessing a Recruitment Culture"
- How to do "30 Second Surveys"
- How to do an effective info table
These "How to" sheets were made for our students.
- How to follow up interested contacts
- 7 Keys to Effective Recruitment
- Personal Ministry Target Worksheet to Train Student Leaders
- 4 Reasons to Add New Student Leaders This Spring
- Reproducible Bible Study on Essentials for a Leader called "Becoming a Person of F.A.I.T.H."
- Your Secret Weapon: The Importance of Having a Core Team of Student Leaders
- 10 Books to Read with Student Leaders
- Podcast: David Clark